Hi all! Winter will be here next week! I don’t know about your part of the world, but winter is already in full swing in Hamilton, Ontario! We are covered in snow!
Now, let’s face it, many of us don’t want to deal with the cold temperatures, snow, slush and full darkness at 5pm… You need to read this Open Letter to Chicago Winter – this one made me chuckle in its total honesty;)
Despite it all – I decided to look at the positive side of things, and have prepared a little list of things I LOVE about winter!
What I love about winter…
- Looking out the window with my boys and watching their happy faces as they cheerfully yell “snow, snow!”. Yup, seeing the world through their eyes sure helps!
- Dominick’s birthday! He was born in the biggest snowstorm of 2007. Needless to say, he loves all things winter! And that makes me love winter too:)
- The feeling of knowing it’s freezing outside while I’m cozy and comfy in my warm bed:) The best!
- Hot tea! Hot tea in all wintery flavours! I love Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice and Stash Spice Dragon Red Chai
- Winter fashion! Check out this awesome faux fur blog post: Fashion Trend: Faux Fur Coat Ideas — Find A Way by JWP
- Friday night movie and pizza night in front of the the fireplace! And lots of snuggles. LOVE!
- My mom’s rosół – Polish chicken noodle soup. Absolutely nothing better on a cold day!
- Christmas lights, twinkles and Christmas trees everywhere! I love taking the boys to see the Festival of Lights in our area (including the beautiful Niagara Falls lights!)
- Decorating the house, listening to Christmas carols, sending and receiving Christmas cards….generally preparing for the beautiful season. So special!
- Sledding down a hill!
- Baking cookies! Mmmm…
- Going to see shows, plays and concerts!
- Warm socks….better yet – reading socks (see Christmas shopping ideas!) and a good book on a cold day!! Life can be SO simple and beautiful;)
- Winter hats! The cutest:)
What’s on your list? I’m sure you can add SO many things! Do share!