Hi all! Happy Monday! Let’s start off the week (and New Year!) on a healthy note.
Let’s talk juices and smoothies!
As you may know, I am an avid lover of juices and smoothies (Juicing for your health). I seriously credit juicing with maintaining my migraine headaches under control! Plus, I feel more energized and overall healthier ever since I began juicing.
After all the eating and drinking over the holidays, I think it’s time to get back into a healthy routine. Today’s recipe will provide a much needed detox and a boost of essential vitamins our bodies will thank us for!
- 1 BEET – chopped into pieces. For a ‘smoother smoothie’, you may consider boiling your beet. I don’t. I like to consume it raw
- 1 APPLE – cored and chopped into pieces
- 1 LEMON – cut into pieces
- 1.5 CUPS OF COCONUT WATER
Easy, right? With just a few ingredients, you will provide your body with well needed iron, vitamins B and C, potassium, fibre, manganese and antioxidants (beets are full of cancer-protective antioxidants!) Plus, you will detoxify and keep well hydrated!
Blending vs. juicing
I’m a big fan of blending, mainly because smoothies add SO much fibre to my diet and keep me satisfied for much longer.
My Ninja Blender does a beautiful job even with the toughest root vegetables!
No juicer? No problem! I simply strain with a fine mesh strainer!
A juice can give you a quick energy fix – much quicker than a smoothie, as it absorbs nutrients and sugars into the bloodstream much quicker.
Either way, enjoy the goodness you are giving your body. You’ll suddenly feel more energized, happy and healthy!
Fun facts I learned:
- You don’t need to peel your beets, as long as you wash/scrub them really well! (PLEASE wear plastic gloves – beets stain BIG time!)
- You can store your juice and smoothie for a couple of days in the refrigerator (make a batch for two days!)
Cheers to YOUR health!