Unless you are a vegan or vegetarian, you likely like bacon, yes? It’s the ultimate comfort/breakfast/winter food, or hey, even BBQ season food! Who doesn’t like the smell of bacon frying in the morning, seriously?
But, bacon can be also be a pretty and delicious appetizer!
- 20 Bacon slices
- 10 Mushrooms
- 10 Prunes
- Maple syrup and greens for garnish
- Roll mushrooms and prunes in individual bacon strips
- Ensure they are wrapped tightly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Place tightly in a roaster, cover and place in oven for at least 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, uncover and drain fat
- Place back in the oven uncovered for approx. 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Garnish with microgreens and maple syrup
- Serve warm or cool – tastes great either way!
Try it for your family today (my kids love these!), or when entertaining your guests!