Ice cream! YUM! Who doesn’t like it? Who doesn’t crave it? Who doesn’t want to eat it right now?! Okay, okay, enough…let’s make some ice cream!
We received an ice cream maker for Christmas and it has been the talk of the town…or at least the talk of our home;) Yes, my boys just SO SO SO love it and want to make ice cream…all the time!! With Daniel’s egg allergy – I have tried this egg-less vanilla ice-cream recipe.
- 6 cups of 35% whipping cream
- 4.5 cups of half and half cream
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla
- Ice cream maker
- 1 large bag of ice
- 1 1kg box of salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Transfer cream mixture to a container/canister
- Freeze until the container is cold to touch
- Pour cold ice cream mix into the ice cream maker
- Churn according to manufacturer’s directions for approx. 30 minutes (following instructions to layer ice and salt in the barrel)
- Serve immediately or freeze for about an hour for thicker texture
NO ICE CREAM MAKER? NO PROBLEM!
Using the same 4 ingredients, you can make delicious homemade ice cream without the use of an ice cream maker!
- Freeze an empty freezer-safe shallow bowl or pan
- In a large bowl, stir ingredients until the sugar is dissolved – using a hand mixer would make it easiest
- Transfer mixture into the cold pan
- Freeze for approx. 30 minutes
- Remove from freezer
- Mix again with a hand mixer (to get that smooth consistency)
- Freeze again for approx. 30 minutes
- Repeat the process a couple of times until your ice cream is firmly frozen
Enjoy! Happy Sunday!