I am Oh-So-Honored to be have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! This is an award given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading “sunshine” to the blogging community at the same time.
I was nominated by the most WONDERFUL blogger – Awakening Wildflower – and thus I could not be more grateful! If you read Amy’s blog, you will know what I mean – wonderful is to say the least.
For me – just to know that someone out there is reading my work and enjoying it means the world to me! It also gives me the fuel to keep going with this blogging adventure of mine!
A few rules about the award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
I am obviously participating, so here are my answers to Amy’s questions:
- What is the very first thought you have when you open your eyes in the morning? Thank you. I try to wake up with an attitude of gratitude. Even when I know there are problems, I also know there are SO many things I can be grateful for.
- If you find yourself in a dark mood, what do you do to brighten things up? Look at my kids or think of their smiling faces. My boys always brighten things up for me!
- If you had to list your top three things that you’re grateful for, what would they be? My kids, my health, my mental resilience.
- What is something you do when you’re all alone that no one knows about? Now if I told you, someone would know! 😉
- What is your favorite memory from childhood? When I was little, my father would study languages, and I remember a lot of beautiful dictionaries on our bookshelves. I had great respect for these big books, so I would just gently touch them, as if they were sacred. That is probably why I love books so much today, and I always cherish the memories of books in my house.
- If you could come back to earth as an animal, what animal would that be, and why? I would be a female lion. Don’t mess with me! 😉
- What is your number one pet peeve? People making promises they don’t keep. Don’t make promises you can’t (or don’t intend) to keep!
- What is the main message you hope your blog conveys to its readers? Live life to your BEST potential. Physically and mentally. Feel good, look good, be good!
- If you had to live one week without technology, how would you do it? Mentally, that is… Oh, I bet I would read a lot more books, quiet down my mind, exercise more…..wow, life would not be bad at all!
- What wish would you make upon a shooting star? My greatest wish is that I raise my two boys into GOOD human beings. Good men, good citizens, good people with good hearts.
- One of my favorite television shows to watch when I’m down in the dumps is Shaun the Sheep. What’s yours? The Mindy Project on Netflix. So silly and funny and not real but somehow very real. It feels relaxing not to have to think too much, ha! I’ve watched all the seasons and now I’m starting over!
WOW, I loved answering these questions! Fun way to stop for a minute and think about the inner YOU!
In turn, I would love to nominate the following bloggers for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
- A Brash Attitude
- Fix-It With Fran
- Dreamer’s Outlet
- Noellie’s Place
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Kristen’s Healthy Living Blog
- Home is Where the Boat Is
- Find A Way by JWP
I hope you will enjoy taking some time for yourself to think about YOU! Be proud and joyous to be yourself!