Oil pulling is the latest health and beauty trend!
This practice of “swishing” oil (typically coconut oil, olive or sesame oil) in your mouth for about 15 minutes, comes from Ayurvedic medicine and dates back 3000 years! The list of benefits is impressive!
Benefits of Oil Pulling
- Alleviates bad breath
- Heals gums
- Prevents gingivitis
- Whitens teeth
- Helps with tooth and gum sensitivity
- Improves heart health
- Improves lung function
- Reduces acne
- Reduces sinus inflammation
- Detoxifies the body
Oil pulling brings about all of these fantastic benefits because it basically ‘pulls’ toxins and bacteria out of your body and into the oil in your mouth whereupon you spit the toxins out.
Think about it … toothbrushes are historically quite a new trend! And yet, we know that our ancestors did have good teeth and overall good health. This was obviously related to consuming real food, without anything already processed. But also, they practiced natural oral hygiene, may of them using the method of oil pulling!
With so many benefits, it may be wise to give oil pulling a try!
Instructions for Oil Pulling
- Start oil pulling first thing in the morning – before eating or drinking anything and before brushing your teeth
- Gently swish 1 tablespoon of oil (I recommend coconut oil) in your mouth and between your teeth for 15 minutes
- Spit out oil into your trash can (not the sink!)
- Rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth as normal
- Repeat oil pulling at least 3 times a week
If 15 minutes seems like a long time, just do it while you’re taking a shower or going about your morning routine to pass the time!
Try it today!
Have a Happy Day!
This post can contain affiliate links. Please check the disclosure page.
When you purchase products through my affiliate links, you help to support my blog at no cost to you!