If you are a book lover like me, you know there is something absolutely romantic, calming and simply special about starting a new book. Such a fantastic feeling!
Now, while I love to read (LOVE!), I’m also a full-time employed mommy of two, with many, many priorities on my list. Needless to say, it becomes a bit hard to find time to sit down and read every day, or at least read as much as I would like to. No problems at all, though, as I think I have the perfect solution!
I downloaded the Audible app from Amazon and I am now a daily listener/reader. Listening is the new reading is Audible’s motto. And so I listen on my way to work, on my breaks, lunches, during shopping trips, while making breakfast, etc.
How does it work, you ask?
It’s pretty simple.
- Download the Audible App to your device and register with Audible (you can use your existing Amazon account!)
- You get a 30 day free trial to begin with – essentially, you are listening/reading to one book for free and deciding whether this reading experience is right for you
- After the trial, should you decide to stay, you pay a monthly fee and receive a credit toward a book
- Your book becomes available on your device immediately after you purchase it
- You are sent a message when your monthly credit has arrived
- After the initial free trial, should you decide to stay, you pay $14.95 per month and receive a credit towards a book. So, you buy a book for $14.95 each month.
- The process of getting the app and setting up the audible account is a breeze – very quick and easy
- $15 per month for a book is a deal. You can’t buy a book at the bookstore for that price!
- Roll over your book credits month to month
- Many daily deals for members. Purchase some books for $4
- Exchange the audiobooks you don’t like for free
- Keep your books even if you decide to cancel your account (I don’t know about you, but I always re-read my books)
- Pause or cancel your account at anytime – no issues
- Download your book and listen offline – so no internet usage
- Pick the pace of the narration to accomodate you
- Fantastic selection of books – new books added constantly
- The app tracks your reading, so you can start the book on your smartphone and finish on your tablet – no losing your spot
- Other companies can offer better pricing
- Nothing beats a real book! The touch of pages, the smell of a new book…can’t beat that!
- Audiobooks are only as good as your need for them. If you won’t listen – they’re of no use
There you have it – more pros than cons for sure. If you have a busy life (or a long commute to work!) Audible might be for you!
5 hearts out of 5 for Audible!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check the disclosure page.
When you purchase products through my affiliate links, you help to support my blog at no cost to you!