My hair is naturally curly with a BIG attitude. So, I have been using a variety of different products to tame it somewhat!
Whenever I feel like letting my curls bounce, I use the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Curl Envy Cream, and I think it’s about time to give it a full review.
Amazon offers a 177ml / 6oz bottle of this product for approximately CAD $19 – similar to the local drugstore price. Reasonable for a product that will last you quite a while.
Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Curl Envy Cream promises to tame dry, coarse hair with an intensity of all-day moisture, definition and frizz control. Ideal for frizzy curls – big or small, thick or fine.
DOES IT WORK?
Yes, the cream works extremely well. I have used it for a couple of months now (I do straighten my hair at times, so I only use this product when I want curls!).
Here is what I do (it’s a process!):
- Use a leave-in conditioner on towel dried hair (it’s a must for my hair)
- Allow hair to dry a bit
- Pour a coin size amount of Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Curl Envy Cream on my palm and gently scrunch into the hair
- Allow hair to dry completely (without touching or scrunching!)
- Use a bit more of the cream on dry hair if I see a bit of frizz
- Light – no residue (but do use sparingly!)
- Paraben-free, Sulfate-free, Phthalate-free
- Not fully natural or organic (does include avocado oil, shea butter and vitamin E, but also many ingredients I’m not familiar with!)
This is a very good product and I will continue to use it. Having said that – I have a couple of issues:
- I would not use this product without a leave-in conditioner. Maybe that’s just me, but I like to have a good ‘leave-in’ prior to using the cream.
- Not completely natural, so likely not for those in the market for pure, organic products.
4 hearts out of 5 for Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Curl Envy Cream